Friday, 27 November 2009

Subliminal



Last year in Design Development I had to Design a collection for River Island. This included researching the brand and customer, I then had to come up with a trend inspired by something seen in York, to base a womenswear collection around. I made the trend Subliminal which was inspired by fruits from the market and sweets in sweet shops. These things would inspire the colour, shape and general feel of the collection. I had to make a moodboard (above) I think the trend was a good choice for River Island as it reflected their use of bright colour and the fun feeling their clothes have. I also had to make a fabric board (above) which demonstrated all materials I would use to make my garments out of. I had to use fabrics suitable for River Island and the type of garments I was designing for.

No comments:

Post a Comment